Our Services

You are now able to access directly the services that a barrister is best known for: advice and representation.

We are able to give you frank and straightforward advice in conference if you are thinking about starting proceedings, or if you are worried that you may face proceedings.

We can also draft applications, statements, and documents for you to file at Court.  We are able to ensure that your case is put forward in the best possible way.

We are experienced in all Courts, from the magistrates all the way up to the Court of Appeal, and we will represent you at any hearing nationwide.

Cobden House Chambers’ Direct Access team currently specialises in family and matrimonial proceedings. 

We are specialists in:

    •    divorce and financial provision (“ancillary relief” or “financial remedy”)
    •    contact and residence disputes
    •    property disputes between unmarried couples
    •    Collaborative Law and Mediation
    •    care proceedings
    •    adoption matters
    •    injunction proceedings
    •    international child disputes
    •    forced marriage protection orders

We are based in Manchester in a grade II listed building, but with all the modern facilities, including disabled access.  We would be able to meet in our conference rooms, or conduct meetings by telephone or video-conferencing.

Cobden House Chambers is committed to exceeding your expectations. To ensure we maintain a high quality service we comply with the Code of Conduct and the Practice Standards Management of the Bar Council. We have been awarded “BarMark” by the British Standards Institute in conjunction with the Bar Council for 'high standards of service and practice management'.

We will act in your best interests at all times, and will speak with you to ensure that instructing a barrister directly is the best way for you to pursue your case.

Fees are negotiable and depend on the complexity of your case.  For further information please call Neil McHugh, our Senior Clerk, on 0161 833 6000.

The law, unfortunately, does not allow us to act for you if you qualify for Public Funding (“legal aid”).  Please click here to go to the Legal Services Commission calculator to see if you qualify for public funding/legal aid.


This site uses cookies that enable us to make improvements, provide relevant content, and for analytics purposes. For more details, see our Cookie Policy. By clicking Accept, you consent to our use of cookies.